Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Website!

From The Daily Green, I just found a new website that lets you calculate your Earth Impact and carbon footprint. Then, it lets you check those other little things you do and reduces your score accordingly. Apparently, you can track your progress over time, and it offers suggestions as to how to reduce your impact. It starts with the easiest things to do, then advances. Check it out!

Here's my initial score. I was able to reduce it to 183 after marking the "pledges" that I already do.

And I found this information from EarthLab's site:
"By replacing the five most frequently used lights in your home with ENERGY STAR qualified lighting, you can save more than $60 each year in energy costs. If every US household replaced their five highest-use fixtures, or the bulbs in them, with ENERGY STAR qualified models, the change would prevent the greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to the annual emissions from more than 8 million cars." -- so that's my next task!

No comments: